Tuesday 3 January 2012

Plump corn on Day 2

Day 2 saw the harvest of some beans, strawberries, two peppers, another cucumber (four so far) and two plump corns (see below - no shrivelling going on there).





Breakfast was again, black coffee and tomatoes drissled with olive oil on two pieces of toast and 6 strawberries (I doubled up - feeling hungry)

Lunch consisted of a cucumber, tomato, pepper and corn (so plump, fresh, sweet and juicy that it was eaten raw), coriander, chives and basil salad.




Dinner saw the cutting of the pumpkin. I cooked a curry consisting of onion, pumpkin, zucchini, potato, pepper, tomato, corn and purple string beans combined with 50g of lentils. All atop a very small serve of rice.




However, the harvest hasn't been all great - my peas failed dismally (they are dead and gone!), I thought that the eggplant had totally failed, but I got one (see below) and the potato harvest from the black tube is sad (but I managed to put two into tonights curry) and tomatoes, while they will get me through the week, they are not as prolific as the great Gawel.

No comments:

Post a Comment