Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Richard G. Plots

My 16sq metres consists of three plots. The eastern plot next to the house that is being prepped for my tomato patch, a small central plot which will be full of potatoes, and the westerly plot up against the shed that will contain the rest of the veges - the mix of which is yet to be determined (but will contain cucumbers, beans and chillies for a starter)

Here's what they look like at the moment. Mostly fallow, but I've been trying to boost the organics by digging in well composted cow manure and handfulls of blood and bone.

The Eastern (House) plot destined for tomatoes. Notice my fat assed cat Minty in the top left corner sharpening her claws on one of my dwarf peach trees.


The Central Plot - Pontiac potatoes planted two months ago on a whim and a prayer. A few Sebago potatoes are just popping up at the front.


The Western (Shed) Plot. Destined for a mix of veges including cucumbers, beans, lettuce, and chilli to name a few. This plot is sheltered from the prevailing colder south-westerly winds by the shed, but it gets hammered by the extreme summer heat particularly later in the afternoon. Currently the plot has a few oak leaf lettuce and stupidly some Black Tuscan kale. I have no idea why I planted it.

And finally, the entire plot taken from the far westerly end. You can see my beer drinking spot under the pergola at the far end, This is where I look over my vegetable subjects on the 30C Adelaide summer evenings.





1 comment:

  1. looking good. Those sebagos have come on in the last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete