Monday 29 August 2011

Gearing up

Two activities occupied me over the weekend. 1. Eating from my garden and 2. Preparing the garden for Man v Carrot.

On the eating front there were two events. Firstly a feed of silverbeet - cooked nicely, but can I really endure a week of this? Secondly, I havested my crop (if you can call it that) of brocolli - it tasted nice but there wasn't much. I'm not going to survive long on that! Was this all a harbinger of things to come?

On the preparation side, there was cow poo to be dug in, I had to check the progress of my sown seeds, and potatoes - how were they going?

Patrick had input to my potato crop - landing the football right on top of one - smashing it - I think Richard paid him to do it.

Additionally, I saw that Bear Grylls was in town - maybe he could offer some advice, but since we aren't allowed to eat various critters, I passed him up. I'll be bare grilling eggplants (with olive oil, while holding a beer! - according to the rules).

No comments:

Post a Comment